With the rapid spread of the new Coronavirus (COVID-19), our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, partners and customers.
Our facilities are 100 percent operational and we have long prepared for the possibility of a pandemic within our overall business continuity plan to ensure we can maintain this service level, while ensuring the health and safety of all that interact with our facilities.
We are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and are following the recommendations of global and local public health authorities in all regions in which we operate. We will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.
An overview of the safety precautions we are implementing to protect employees, customers and partners and ensure business continuity can be found below.
Customer, partner and employee health and safety:
- We are significantly boosting safety protocols across our data centers and offices globally, including implementing critical sanitary measures and additional specialized training to prepare for a possible pandemic
- We are increasing the communications with and screening of customers, partners and employees to ensure they only enter our data centers if they have not traveled to impacted areas, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization, within the past 14 days and are symptom-free
- We are deferring all non-essential travel, transitioning to a minimum critical onsite staff level in data centers in markets which have been designated by the CDC as Level 1 – Limited Community Transmission or higher and providing other employees with the option of working from home to maintain service continuity
- We are leveraging our data center infrastructure management capabilities to extend remote monitoring and management capabilities to enable our customers, partners and team members to work remotely in a fully productive way
- SD Data Center’s Melbourne facility is equipped with the supplies to ensure full business operations if remote operation becomes necessary
- We regularly engage our critical suppliers to confirm their Pandemic Response plans and have reviewed their capacity to provide service continuity
Customers may contact SD Data Center personnel at 321-610-5900 or via e-mail [email protected]